5/18/2012

I'm leaving on vacation today - guess where?

Here's a sneak peek at the essentials in my suitcase for this trip. Where do YOU think I'm going?

Sturdy shoes (that have been to this location before...and show it).

 An umbrella (because more often than not, I'll need it).

A warm, woolen sweater (yes, I'll be wearing it in May).

A journal. And if this doesn't give it away...

...this book probably will. About the man who may have first discovered America.

The trip hasn't been in the works very long - just enough time for me to get my ticket,  dust the mold off my passport (I'm not kidding - there was MOLD on my passport when I took it out of the safe, that's how long it's been since I've traveled anywhere), get a big and strong and tough house and cat sitter to live at my house while I'm gone and request vacation time from work. But I'm so ready to get away to such an inspiring place with my Mom and Aunt Sheila. It will be a healing journey for all of us - for Mom having lost her brother over the weekend, for me having been so sick all winter and for Sheila's precious, precious health.

So, what's your guess?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess New Ulm, or maybe if you're really adventurous, Detroit Lakes. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're close, Mick. It's a little more East than Detroit...

      Delete