6/02/2012

Ireland: Yarn - resistance is futile

I'd been told the store was out of business, but when I turned the corner in Dingle and saw Commodum there with its red awning and Latin lettering, I started to run.

Mecca, to this knitter. (photo from the Commodum site)

 But I wasn't going to buy any yarn.

No way, no how.

Oh, be still my knitter's heart.

Stillll...

Steady...

Oh, FINE! I "only" bought 4 skeins each of a glorious, buttery yellow (to remind us of the whole pound of butter we ate in four days with our bread and scones at Mermaid Isle) and some grey-heathered-purple that I just couldn't leave behind. And some natural white, straight off the sheep. And some Irish cotton-linen. And a red already-made cape with dotted and felted sleeves and cowl (because I'd never want to make that myself...yes, that's the justification...). 

Now you know my weakness. Tempt me with yarn, and I'm yours. Well, within reason. And I hear the weather back home is done with its heat wave and has turned cooler and rainy - perfect weather for starting a new knitting project.

It would be kind of nice if the sheep just kind of knit themselves, wouldn't it?
You could place your order, the sheep would grow wool in your pattern and when it's shorn,
it's ready to be worn. Yeah.

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME STUFF!!!
    Beautiful colors & textures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/22/2013

    I am really inspired together with your writing skills as smartly as with the format to
    your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself?

    Either way stay up the nice high quality writing,
    it's uncommon to see a great weblog like this one these days..

    My blog post - a healthy diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/09/2013

    Great post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired!

    Extremely useful info specially the remaining section :) I maintain such information much.
    I was looking for this certain info for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    Also visit my webpage: steinzeitdiät
    my page: paleo diät

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/10/2013

    I blog frequently and I seriously appreciate your information.
    This article has truly peaked my interest. I will take
    a note of your website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

    Here is my web site ... Was ist das leckere an der glutenfreie Lebensform

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/10/2013

    Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing
    problems with your RSS. I don't understand why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having similar RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    Also visit my web-site voraussetzungen bilanzbuchhalter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/10/2013

    Magnificent web site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing
    in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!


    My blog post :: lenkmatte anleitung

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3/11/2013

    Normally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out
    and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very great article.



    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... diät mit kohlenhydraten

    ReplyDelete